Dr. Max Grieg, International Affiliate Member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
My practice is in the same community where my family and I live. So, it is very important that I remain active in the community. I've known some of my patients for years before they visited my office.
Specialties and Treatment
Arthritis, Arthroscopic Surgery, Deformity, Disability, Joint Replacement, Metabolic Bone Disease, Osteoporosis, Pain, Rehabilitation, Sports Medicine, Trauma/Fractures, Tumor/Oncology
My approach to treating patients
We believe in meeting patients' individual needs through comprehensive evaluation and treatment designed to help them achieve an active, pain-free lifestyle. Many musculoskeletal conditions can be treated by non-surgical techniques--surgery is just one treatment option. We combine leading edge techniques with proven traditional methods to provide our patients with the best orthopaedic care possible.
I work to develop a partnership with my patients. On my part, this begins with listening. And one of the most important things I need to know is how the physical problem affects this patient's life. We develop a dialogue, through which my patients understand the diagnostic process, their own unique problem, their treatment choices, and the recovery process. Patients help to guide and direct the diagnostic and treatment activities.
I believe that knowledgeable patients make the best decisions about their own treatment. That's why I explain every step of the diagnostic process. Next, I want my patients to understand their condition: How it developed and how various treatment approaches can improve or repair the problem. When we consider treatment alternatives, I present a realistic outlook on the results we can achieve. I'll also be frank about any risks that might be involved. If a non-surgical option is available, I'll explain that avenue in depth.
Our purpose is to handle each and every patient visit with care and proficiency. It is also highly important to us that our Doctor/Patient relationship is open and honest. It is my responsibility to make sure patients are well informed about their conditions and the multiple choices of treatment. My practice also offers helpful patient education resources in print or on-line formats to help make your decision-making, treatment, and recovery as quick and pain-free as possible.
My team consists of highly educated and motivated professionals. During your visit you may meet most of them as they work to make your visit go smoothly with minimal stress. JACKIE, Patient Services Coordinator, is always available to speak with you regarding any questions or concerns you may have regarding just about anything related to my practice individually or healthcare in general, and can help to guide you through our available patient educational resources. OSCAR, Receptionist, will be the one with the smile on her face as you enter the office. WENDY, Insurance Consultant, can help you with any billing inquiries. LUIS, Hospital Manager, is always available for any questions you may have regarding hospital admission procedures (if needed). And lastly, ADRIANA, is our sweet and caring Physical Therapist for aftercare and recovery.
Dr. Maximilian Andrew Greig is an Orthopedic Surgeon in Mexico. He was born in Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico, and currently holds dual citizenship of Mexico and USA.Dr. Max Greig is a Mexican Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon (CMOT) and an International Affiliate Member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) and the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons (AAHKS), he is also staff member of various private hospitals in Puerto Vallarta,Jalisco, Mexico. Degrees & Professional Affiliations
• International Affiliate Member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) and the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons (AAHKS)
• Mexican Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon (CMOT)
• Active Member of the Mexican Federation of Orthopedics and Traumatology (AMOT-FEMECOT)
• Former Scholar of the German Academicals Exchange Program (DAAD)
• German Fellowship in Joint Replacement and Shoulder Surgery at Uni-Klinik Muenster
• Sports Medicine visiting Fellowship at Edinburg, Texas
• Member of the Mexican Association of Arthroscopic Surgeons (AMECRA)
• Member of the Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA)
• Member and Past- President of the Puerto Vallarta College of Orthopedic Surgeons
•Graduate of the Orthopedics residency Program University Hospital of Guadalajara (Hospital Civil de Guadalajara)
• Active Member of the Society of Orthopedic Surgeons of the University Hospital of Guadalajara (Hospital Civil de Guadalajara)
• Member of the CMQ Hospital System in Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico
• Staff member of several private hospitals throughout Mexico
• Founding member of Medical School at Puerto Vallarta Campus University of Guadalajara
• Past President of the Puerto Vallarta Campus University of Guadalajara
• Professor of Pre-medical and residency courses – University of Guadalajara
• General Medical Practitioner Title from University of Guadalajara, Mexico
• Author of the book on “MEXICO: World leader in Medical Tourism”
Dr. Greigs Office